The Growing Place Preschool
The Growing Place Preschool of Lombard is a preschool that inspires a love of learning through creativity and imagination, challenges children by encouraging independence and motivates children to work towards their greatest potential. Community Presbyterian Church created Growing Place Preschool in 1972 as part of our community outreach. Our shared mission is to minister to the needs of all families within our community.
Growing Place is a community-based preschool. Although we do not have a religious curriculum, we do have religious storytelling, snack-time prayer and celebrate Christian holidays. Our mission is to nurture the development of the whole child emotionally, intellectually, socially, physically and spiritually. Growing Place and Community Presbyterian Church work hand in hand offering classes, events and workshops for all families in our community.
LICENSED BY DCFS
The Growing Place Preschool is licensed by The State of Illinois, Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS). All of the classrooms are aligned with the Illinois State Early Learning Standards. Additionally, The Growing Place Preschool Maintains and Adheres to:
- Mandatory Teacher In Service Continuing Education
- Licensed Ratios of Student to Teacher
- Staff Mandatory Reporters Procedure and Policy
- CDC Milestone End of Year Assessment
- CPR-First Aid Certified Teachers
- Child Protection Policy, Training and Procedures
- Licensed Food Service Management Certification
- Healthy Snack Nutrition List and Guidelines
- Trained Allergy Protocol and Prevention
- Secure Building Entrance
- Safety Drill Action Plan